- our website https://edr-antwerp.eu/ (Hereinafter: ‘Website’); and
- all other commercial relationships between EDR and its customers, potential customers, and business partners.
- the Belgian Act of July 30, 2018 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data;
- Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of April 27, 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC; and
- other applicable special provisions on data protection.
I. Who processes your data?The controller of your personal data collected on this Website is the private company Engine Deck Repair, with registered office at Industrieweg 11, 2030 Antwerp (Belgium), listed in the Antwerp Register of Legal Entities, division Antwerp, under number 0467.282.454, VAT BE 0467.282.454. EDR’s contact details are included under Part X.
II. EDR’s processing activities (what types, for what purposes, on what legal grounds, and for how long does EDR collect and process personal data? Are these data transferred to third countries)?
GeneralProviding certain personal data is sometimes a prerequisite to benefit from certain services (for example, to gain access to certain parts of the Website, to subscribe to newsletters, to participate in certain activities and events, to be able to receive certain goods and services). If EDR’s legitimate interest is the legal basis for processing, as shown in the tables below, EDR will always:
- assess the necessity of the processing activity in relation to the purpose of the processing (proportionality test); and
- assess whether you, the data subject, could reasonably expect the specific processing operation to take place, so we can estimate the possible effects of the processing operation on your fundamental rights and freedoms.
- will no longer process your personal data in that specific situation (for that specific purpose); or
- will rely on another legal ground to process your personal data (e.g. consent).
Processing activities concerning the use of the Website
|Filling out the contact form||First name, surname, email address, telephone/cell phone number, preferred contact method, date and time you want to be contacted||Answering questions|
|Filling out the job application form||First name, surname, email address, telephone/cell phone number, preferred contact method, date and time you want to be contacted, CV and the data it contains||Selecting and recruiting potential new employees|
|Sending newsletter||Email address||Providing information about EDR’s existing and new products and services||Legitimate interest for active customers Explicit consent for non-customers||Until the customer/recipient unsubscribes from the newsletter or raises justified objections|
|Taking pictures at events||Pictures and all personal data to be derived therefrom||Using them on social media / Website to make our activities visible to the outside world||Consent||Until the person photographed withdraws his consent|
EDR’s other processing activities
|Interaction with existing and future business partners||Contact person’s first name, surname, email address, and telephone number||Corresponding by telephone or email, whether or not to answer questions||Performing the contract with EDR or to respond to a question/request before concluding a contract|
|Interaction with existing and future customers||Contact person’s first name, surname, email address, and telephone number||Corresponding by telephone or email, whether or not to answer questions||Performing the contract with EDR or to respond to a question/request before concluding a contract|
|Invoicing / accounting||Contact person: first name, surname, email address, and telephone number, Company: name, address, VAT number, bank account numbers, payment status||Invoicing / accounting||Performing the contract with EDR||10 years (minimum statutory retention period)|
|Camera surveillance / Access control||Camera images, name, surname picture, date of birth, gender, nationality, time of arrival||Protection of safety and health of employees and protection of the company’s assets||Legitimate interest (camera) / Explicit consent (access)||Never longer than 1 month, except when recorded footage can be used to prove a crime or damage, or to identify an offender, a disorderly person, a witness or a victim.|
- to the competent authorities (i) if it is obliged to do so by law or in the context of current or future legal proceedings and (ii) to safeguard and defend its rights;
- if it or most of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case your personal data that EDR has collected will be one of the transferred assets.
IV. Cross-border processing of personal dataIf we transfer your personal data to a recipient located outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and we observe that the level of protection for your personal data offered in that country is not equivalent to the level of protection offered within the EEA, we will take appropriate measures to achieve an equivalent level of protection. These measures may include:
- i) concluding an agreement with the recipient containing contractual safeguards to protect your personal data (so-called “standard contractual clauses”); or
- ii) in the case of data being transferred to a group company, so-called Binding Corporate Rules; or
- iii) providing other appropriate safeguards through any other mechanism under the Privacy Legislation or any other regulation governing the processing of personal data.
VI. What are your privacy rights?You have these privacy rights in relation to the processing of your personal data:
- Right to access your personal data You may always access and inspect your personal data that EDR has processed. EDR will provide a copy of these personal data on your request.
- Right to rectify, supplement, or update your personal dataYou may always have incorrect, incomplete, inappropriate, or outdated personal data removed or rectified.
- Right to erasure of your personal data (‘right to be forgotten’)You may request the deletion of (a part of) your personal data.In this context, EDR wishes to point out that certain services will no longer be accessible or can no longer be provided if you delete or have certain necessary personal data deleted.
- Right to restrict the processing of your personal dataYou may restrict the processing of your personal data if:
- you dispute the accuracy of the data, for a period that allows EDR to verify the accuracy;
- the processing is unlawful, and you oppose the erasure of your personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- EDR no longer needs your personal data for processing purposes, but still needs them to institute, exercise, or substantiate legal claims;
- you have objected to a processing operation and are waiting for an answer on whether your objection is well-founded.
- Right to portability of your personal dataYou may obtain the personal data that EDR has processed in a structured, commonly used, and digital format so they can be saved for personal use or reuse, or to send them directly to another controller. This right applies insofar as it is technically possible for the controller to do this.
- Right to object to/oppose the further processing of personal data
- You may always object to the processing of your personal data for reasons relating to your specific situation.
- The controller will immediately cease processing your personal data, unless it puts forward compelling legitimate grounds for the processing that override your interests, rights, and freedoms or that relate to instituting, exercising, or substantiating legal claims.
VII. Security of personal dataEDR undertakes to implement appropriate and reasonable physical, technological, and organizational security measures to prevent (i) unauthorized or unlawful access to your personal data, and (ii) the loss, misuse, or alteration of your personal data. EDR will keep all personal data collected on-site and in the cloud with data centers in the EU. Despite (i) EDR’s security policy, (ii) the controls it performs, and (iii) the actions it takes in this regard, an infallible level of security cannot be guaranteed. As no method of transmission or transfer via the internet or any electronic storage method is 100% secure, EDR cannot guarantee absolute security in this context.
IX. Links to other websitesThe Website may contain hyperlinks to other websites. When you click on one of these links, you could be directed to another website or internet source that might collect information about you intentionally or through cookies or other technologies. EDR has no responsibility, liability, or ability to control these other websites or internet sources, or their collection, use, and dissemination of your personal data. You should check the privacy policies of these other websites and internet resources to determine whether they comply with the Privacy Legislation. This Website may contain hyperlinks to third party websites. When you click on one of these links, you could be directed to another website or internet source that might collect information about you intentionally or through cookies or other technologies. EDR has no responsibility, liability, or ability to control these other websites or internet sources, or their collection, use, and dissemination of your personal data. You should check the privacy policies of these other websites and internet resources to determine whether they comply with the Privacy Legislation.
- by e-mail: BE901firstname.lastname@example.org
- by post: EDR NV, Industrieweg 11, 2030 Antwerp, Belgium